Monday, February 2, 2015

Pittsburgh


This project has been mostly completed for about a month, but I have neglected to upload it because it is still lacking the company logo which will be added later. Cardinal Midstream Energy approached me about a painting that they could display in there Pittsburgh office. The large empty wall in the reception area provide the perfect space for another one of my canvas compilations projects that I have yet to come up with a name for. Much like the Austin skyline, I used several canvas' to give this painting a three-dimensional look to the Pittsburgh skyline and bridges spanning the Allegheny river. The entire project incorporated almost thirty different painting surfaces and I also had to consider shipping the 8-foot wide mural. The actual painting became the easy part, as I had to tap into my inner engineer to figure out a way the painting could be easily broken down, shipped, and reassembled.

No comments:

Post a Comment