Thursday, November 14, 2013

Latest Work


"Art is never finished, only abandoned" - Ron Burgundy (maybe Da Vinci?)
Yes I realize I could've cropped this picture but I needed some scale

A few months ago I wanted to try painting a mural. I was inspired by some graffiti murals that I had seen while in downtown San Antonio, and just decided to go for it. I wanted to incorporate aspects used in those graffiti murals, vivid colors and bold lines, into a traditional landscape scene. I found out that painting on a large scale is very different from the smaller canvases I'm used to. Mostly in the sheer amount of materials used, but also in perspective. You have to step back much farther to take in the "whole picture"....and now I have a huge canvas I dont know what to do with
After a month of intermittently fussing with the details I decided to call it done. 


Note to self: Before experimenting with a new concept, start on a smaller scale! 


Speaking of Large Canvases:
I was finally able to see the food truck wrap I designed for Randy Rogers and Les Lawless last Spring. I never thought I would see my work that big but I have to admit it makes you feel pretty good to point it out driving down the highway. 

Stop by the Outlaw Food Truck on Highway 281 near Spring Branch!
"Best food you'll ever eat out of a Winnebago!"
(not an approved slogan)








No comments:

Post a Comment