Saturday, November 23, 2013

Sheer Volume Continued...

Keeping with the Think Less, Paint More theme I've been trying to stick with, I decided to get back to my roots. I have always been a compulsive doodler, never really thinking about the finished product, I would just keep working on my drawing until church ended/ the bell rang / the plane landed/ the professor saw me. In school I didn't so much take notes as I illustrated the lecture. I have missed doodling since I finished school, and recently when I got a song stuck in my head it gave me an idea.  I decided to take this stream of  consciousness  drawing style to the canvas to see how it would look when it wasn't crammed in the margins of notebook paper.
 Lyrics from Paint the Town Beige by Robert Earl Keen

 1st experiment with "Stream of Conscious" painting for Veterans Day
Quote by John F. Kennedy 

No comments:

Post a Comment