Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Texas Dove Hunters Associaton

I just found out that I have the fortune to work with the Texas Dove Hunters Association on a few upcoming projects they have. Will continue to contribute the monthly dove hunting themed cartoons for their magazine but the next projects involve a little more artistic sweating and less clever writing. Whew!
Here are two of my latest cartoons

When in a case of writers block occurs make fun of yuppies
(That really only applies if you draw cartoons for a hunting magazine)



While doing doing some research for a dove related project I can across these old photographs taken for LIFE magazine in 1961. I can't put my finger on exactly why I love these pictures so much. I think it is because every picture screams 1960s.  Everyone is smoking. Women are dressed neatly regardless of the situation. Not a warning label in site. When my grandparents look back and fondly remember "the Good Ol Days before rules, regulations, and lawsuits ruined everything" I see scenes like this and think: This is probably the reason why we now have so many regulations.
All Photos taken by Raplh Crane-Time&Life Pictures/Getty images




To see more of these awesome photos follow this link below:




No comments:

Post a Comment